Beach Nourishment Update June 10
One thing is for certain…nothing stays the same!
Let me summarize the latest…
1. Mote Aquarium has been moving turtle nests to our beach since the bird nests were preventing our beach from the Nourishment project.
2. Tropical Storm Colin washed the bird nests away.
3. Trucks will be north of us in about 10 days and due to the turtle nests we need the permission of FWC (Florida Wildlife Conservation) to have the trucks on our beach.
4. If we get permission from FWC, they will bring sand along the water’s edge only and they will be here for a half day.
5. Our beach will not be closed at any point.
This is all we know and we know that this too may change!
Published June 10, 2016